Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes training protocol provided by The Spark Museum. Responsible for supporting and implementing on-site programs including setting-up, cleaning-up, and delivering guided exhibit tours to visitors, including youth groups, adult groups, and senior groups. (Volunteers may choose to “specialize” in delivering tours to specific populations, ie youth or adults).
- Ensures programs are consistent with Spark’s mission, guiding principles, strategic focus and educational philosophy.
- Adheres to organizational policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Responds appropriately to safety and behavior issues, including filling out accident reports when necessary.
- Maintains a safe working environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Participates in ongoing professional development as often as possible.
- Promotes Spark programs with museum visitors and program participants.
Organization Relationships and Contracts
- Reports to the Director of Operations or other Coordinator as assigned.
- Works closely with all education staff.
- Works with other Spark staff as appropriate for assigned responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains good relations with other staff members and volunteers.
- Is helpful, friendly, and professional towards students, chaperones, teachers and visitors.
Experience and Qualification
- Interest in science, technology, history, engineering, and math education
- Excellent public interaction skills, especially with youth.
- Excellent communication skills (written and especially verbal) essential.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends requested.
- Reliable transportation.
· Volunteer Tour Guide (for Field Trips, Grades K-12)
o Wednesdays -Fridays
o Minimum of 8 hours/month = 2-4 hour days/month
o Minimum of 4 hours/week is preferred
· Volunteer Tour Guide (for other youth groups and adult/senior groups)
o Wednesdays -Sundays
o Minimum of 4 hours/month is requested