Work as an exhibits volunteer is project oriented and may, therefore, not always be available.
Time Commitment: 4 hours per week
Position Summary: Assists in development and production of new exhibits at SPARK Museum.
- Assist with content research, draft exhibit text, and procure objects and other exhibit resources.
- Conduct image research and acquisition.
- Participate as a team member to investigate potential topics for exhibits and communicate research findings to team.
- Assist with testing exhibit ideas and prototyping with the public.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy and completeness in all research and management tasks.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of The Spark Museum.
- Familiarity with or interest in communicating ideas to the public.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in history, science, and/or engineering.
- Experience using MS Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop are a plus!
- Ability to conduct in-depth research using library and internet resources.
- Ability to clearly communicate findings in written form.
- Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Occasionally projects arise requiring specialized skills in graphic design, multimedia production, evaluation, and building prototypes or other exhibit components. These skills are desired but not required to volunteer with exhibits.
Supervision: Work with Museum President John Jenkins on new exhibits