Workshops & Education
Call or email Anne Bargetz, SPARK's Director of Education, at 360-738-3886 or email@example.com to register for workshops.
Summertime Fun in the SPARK Lab
Hey kids, come down to the Spark Museum and dive into electronics by taking them apart. We supply the materials, tools and expertise to explore electronics and technology by dismantling them. Learn safety, tool usage and how things work, then try creating something new. Register for 3 or more at $15 each. Space is reserved with paid registration.
- Ages: ages 8-14
- Cost: $18/ workshop ($15 Spark Family Members)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Time: 1-3 PM
- Dates: Thursdays 7/31, 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, or 8/28
Robotics at Spark
This workshop meets for 4 days in a row and children work in pairs to construct and program one robot. Children’s natural curiosity and wonder guide their learning about robot building and computer programming using LEGO Mindstorms®. There is no experience necessary. Children will learn as they go. (The programs conducted by the Spark Museum are not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by LEGO® Education or the LEGO® Group.) Preregistration Required
- Ages: 8-14
- Cost: $60/student ($48 SPARK Family Members)
- Duration: 1.5 hours (meets Tuesday-Friday)
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Dates: Session 1 -July 8-11; Session 2 - July 29-Aug 1; Session 3 - Aug 19-22; Session 4 - Aug 26-29
Come help us test our newest STEM outreach activities using littleBits® - "littleBits® are small, simple, intuitive blocks that make creating with sophisticated electronics a matter as snapping small magnets together."
- Ages: 6+ (Kids under 8 with adult help)
- Cost: Free with gallery admission
- Duration: 30 min - 1 hour
- Time: 11 AM-5 PM (except 2:30-4:00PM for MegaZapper Show)
- Dates: Sat. Aug 2 & Aug 16