Workshops & Education
Call or email Anne Bargetz, SPARK's Director of Education, at 360-738-3886 or email@example.com to register for workshops.
Hour of Code
Come to an open house in the Spark Event and Performance Center and learn computer coding. Both on-line and unplugged Hour of Code activities will be available for curious coders of all ages. Parents are encouraged to explore with their children. Some computers will be available, but community members are encouraged to bring their own laptops and portable devises with modern web browsers. Headphones may also be helpful. Wi-Fi for this event is being provided by Woods Coffee.
- Ages: all ages (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Cost: Free event (does not include admission to the Spark Museum)
- Time: 10:00 am -12:00 pm
- Dates: Saturday, December 12
Winter Robotics @ the Spark Museum
Lego-maniacs and aspiring roboticists - Come down to the Spark Museum for a great introduction to the basics of robotics using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT®. Each session meets 4 times, & children work in pairs on their robots. No experience necessary; each week builds on the previous week. PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED; 4 student minimum. (The programs conducted by the Spark Museum are not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by LEGO® Education or the LEGO® Group.)
- Ages: ages 8-14
- Cost: $68/student ($54 SPARK Family Members)
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Time: Wednesdays 4:00-5:30 pm
- Dates: Session 1 - Feb. 3, 10, 17 & 24; Session 2 - Mar. 2, 9, 16 & 23