Workshops & Education
Call or email Anne Bargetz, SPARK's Director of Education, at 360-738-3886 or email@example.com to register for workshops.
Come help us test our newest STEM outreach activities using littleBits® - "littleBits® are small, simple, intuitive blocks that make creating with sophisticated electronics a matter as snapping small magnets together."
- Ages: 6+ (Kids under 8 with adult help)
- Cost: Free with gallery admission
- Duration: 30 min - 1 hour
- Time: 11 AM-5 PM (except 2:30-4:00PM for MegaZapper Show)
- Dates: Saturday, Aug 16
Robotics at Spark
This workshop meets for 4 days in a row and children work in pairs to construct and program one robot. Children’s natural curiosity and wonder guide their learning about robot building and computer programming using LEGO Mindstorms®. There is no experience necessary. Children will learn as they go. (The programs conducted by the Spark Museum are not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by LEGO® Education or the LEGO® Group.) Preregistration Required
- Ages: 8-14
- Cost: $60/student ($48 SPARK Family Members)
- Duration: 1.5 hours (meets Tuesday-Friday)
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Dates: Session 1 -July 8-11; Session 2 - July 29-Aug 1; Session 3 - Aug 19-22; Session 4 - Aug 26-29